2013年3月13日 星期三

I'm not tired, just a kind of tired :P

This semester is almost finished. Finally!

Every time I come up with this thought, I feel a little guilty. I should be more enthusiastic to my career. But your heart never lies to you, you are so tired about homework, test and a bunch of problem with no concerned about your profession.

Maybe I should talk about my job, which I prefer to keep some secrets:)

I'm a Chinese lecture, working in Taiwan. My job duty is to give a lecture to the student who don't speak Chinese. I've worked for five years, and the passion of teaching gradually decreased (oh, how embarrasing when confessing). But, I  have to say that again, It's not the teaching made me tired but the environment. Teaching Chinese as a second language sounds fancy for meeting a lot of "foreigners" to young people, and I am not the exception when I was in college. After I entered this industry luckily, I found that its fancy only when you live abroad(maybe not the work), not in the country where the people speak your native language.

It's not a really stable job here. Our pay is depend on how many hours I teach (not work, the time I prepared for class doesn't count.) Furthermore, We can not get our pay on time, though I work in a public university, because I am only a temporary faculty.There is no one can help me, so I am hardly ask for one day off, even I am very sick. It's definitely a "high input with low rewards" job.

Sounds weird, why I still here?

I love this job for sure. Only the environment make me tired. One of the teachers from my language center told me she also feels tired and decide to attend graduate school in England. Maybe its a good idea.

Good for her, good for me.

沒有留言:

張貼留言